Through Christ, God has brought this church together, and He is equipping us to be on mission with Him. We experience God through these five actions: ·
- SHAPED BY TRUTH - Committed to knowing God and His Word (the Bible) and being transformed through the power of God’s Spirit into the people God wants us to be.
- WORSHIP - Abundant life is found when all things we do are for His glory.
- PRAYER - Expressing our complete dependence on Him through praising God and seeking Him for wisdom and guidance.
- FELLOWSHIP - Sharing our lives with one another as we journey together toward Christlikeness.
- EVANGELISM - Impacting our neighbors in Xenia as well as around the world with the love of Christ and the Good News of Jesus.
Emmanuel Baptist Church of Xenia, Ohio started in the 1930’s as Lake Street Mission Church, a mission church with street meeting. It had 14 charter members under Pastor S. Andrew Hutchison (1939-1950). In the 1940’s the name was changed to Lake Street Baptist Church, then incorporated in 1947 as Emmanuel Baptist Church. Due to increased attendance, in 1959 the church moved from Lake Street to its present site on South Detroit Street, a move of a few blocks. Due to church growth and the desire to start a Christian school (Xenia Christian School/ Legacy Christian Academy, now independent and at a new location), the educational wing was built in 1967. In the early 2000’s, plans were made to expand the church physical plant with the addition a of multi-purpose auditorium and ministry center, which opened in 2006.
Throughout all the moves and changes, Emmanuel’s mission has remained the same to “honor God and love people” in everything we do.
What this means for you
You are always welcome at Emmanuel Baptist Church. Wherever you are at in your faith journey, you are welcome here.
If you would like to plan your first visit, click here. Or, if you want to learn more about our beliefs as a church, click a tile below. If you would like to get in touch with a person on our lead team directly, click the button below.