Youth Ministry at Emmanuel
EBC Youth Group is for both Middle School and High School students (6th - 12th grade). It is a place for students to experience a safe and age-appropriate environment while learning about Jesus in a creative and relevant way. Youth Group is also a place where we will worship in music and use the Clothesline to prompt us in our prayers for one another. This year we want to use Youth Group to give students opportunities to put their faith into action.
Details for youth events are below the calendar-at-a-glance
- Saturday, April 2 – Visitation 9-Noon
- Sunday, April 10 – High School Discipleship Workshop, 7-8 PM
- Sunday, Apr 17 – Happy EASTER!
- Sunday, April 24 – High School Discipleship Workshop, 7-8 PM
- Saturday, April 30 – COLLAB Serve Day
- Saturday, May 7 – Visitation 9-Noon
Youth Leader Training and Planning
- Sunday, April 24 – Leader Lunch
COLLAB is a collaboration with students from other churches in the Xenia area usually held on Sundays from 6-7:30 PM at the Xenia Community Center (1265 W. 2nd St). At COLLAB we worship together, serve together, and have activities where students in grades 6-12 can get to know one another better. COLLAB provides a wonderful opportunity for you to invite your friends who do not have a church of their own.
UPCOMING COLLAB DATES:
- April 30 (Saturday) - Serve Day
Small Group / Bible Studies
Get connected for accountability, encouragement, and learning.
- High School Girls Bible Study - Hillary Holloway, Sarah Mays & Team are working through Hebrews on Wednesday evenings (during BLAST). Meet upstairs at 6:30 PM.
- Boys (grades 8-12) Bible Study - Phil Geelhood is teaching a Boys Bible study through the book of Acts on Sunday mornings at 8:30 AM (at EBC). Boys in grades 8-12 are invited.
- Middle School Students Small Group – Drew Brads and his team of leaders are leading an exciting program on Wednesday evenings from 6:30-7:30 PM for students in grades 6-8. This semester they will be studying the book of Mark.
6th Grade students have the option of attending either this program or BLAST; this decision is left to individual families.
High School Discipleship Workshop
Parker and Jenna Lyn Dalton are leading a seven week class for high school students. It is their desire to equip students with tools that will enable them to grow as followers of Christ. This class will be meeting at Jared Holloway’s house (356 N. King St.) from 7-8 PM on the following Sunday nights:
- April 10
- April 24
Opportunities to Grow & Serve
- Visitation on the first Saturday of each month from 9 AM - Noon. Get out of bed on a Saturday morning and join others in blessing those in our church family who are elderly, shut-ins, or in the hospital. This is a great ministry of letter writing, phone calls, and prayer. Your whole family is welcome to come. Visitation is the first Saturday of each month (Feb 5, Mar 5, Apr 2, and May 7).
- Youth Leader COLLAB meetings and Leader Lunches: Leader training is for those who are interested in learning more about student ministry and growing in your ability to minister to students. Leader training provides an opportunity for prayer and accountability as we endeavor to effectively disciple every student. Students who are juniors or seniors, please see Pastor Van if you are interested in being a student leader.
- Lunch and Leader Training from noon to 2 PM on the following Sundays: Feb 6, Mar 27, and Apr 24
- COLLAB Leader Meetings at 3 PM on the following Tuesdays: Feb 8 at New Community Church, and Mar 8 at EBC
Fright Night Alive Detention Center Ministry
“Friday Night Alive” is a ministry designed to share the love of Jesus Christ with youth incarcerated in the Greene County Juvenile Detention Facility. Volunteers are trained and given the opportunity to share their story of faith with young people who desperately need Jesus.
Fantastic One-Time, One-of-a-Kind Events!
- We’re going on a Walk to celebrate President Lincoln’s Birthday! – Saturday, February 12 – Meet at Spring Lakes Park in Bellbrook (2191 Ferry Rd) Bring a friend and dress for the weather. You don’t want to miss this fantastic wilderness adventure! 10 AM – 1 PM. Swimming is optional--See Tim R. for details!
- Youth Group Prayer Gathering – Saturday, Feb 19 at Pastor Van’s house (301 S. Valley Rd) – Whether you are going to camp or not, please come join with your leaders and other students in praying for God’s blessing on Winter Camp. 6-7 PM followed by snacks and games until 9.
- Youth Retreat at Scioto Hills – Feb 25-27. Registration at SciotoHills.com. Space is very limited. Transportation will be provided. Contact Pastor Van for scholarship details.
2022 Medical Release Form
If you have further questions concerning our EBC Youth experience or visiting Emmanuel with youth, simply click the button below and get in touch with us!