Youth Ministry at Emmanuel
EBC Youth Group is for both Middle School and High School students (6th - 12th grade). It is a place for students to experience a safe and age-appropriate environment while learning about Jesus in a creative and relevant way. Youth Group is also a place where we will worship in music and use the Clothesline to prompt us in our prayers for one another. This year we want to use Youth Group to give students opportunities to put their faith into action.
Youth & Adults: looking for a few resources regarding current cultural questions and challenges? CLICK HERE for Pastor Van & Blake's Resource List.
Details for youth events are below the calendar-at-a-glance
- Sundays: Open Gym, 5:30 (maybe a café?) & Genesis: Understanding God’s Design Class, 6:30-8 PM
- Wednesdays: Youth Group and Small Group Bible Studies, 6:30-7:30 PM for students in grades 6-12
- Saturday, Oct. 1: Visitation
- Sunday, Oct. 2: Family Meeting, NO open gym or class
- Saturday, Oct. 29: Football, Bonfire and S’mores
- Friday, Nov. 4: Game Night
- Saturday, Nov. 5: Visitation
- Sunday, Nov. 6: Family Meeting, NO open gym or class
- Wednesday, Nov. 23: NO Youth Group (Thanksgiving)
- Saturday, Dec. 3: Visitation
- Sunday, Dec. 4: Family Meeting, NO open gym or class
- Wednesday, Dec. 14: Youth Group Christmas Celebration
- Sunday, Dec. 18: Last Open Gym and Class with Dr. Whitmore
- Wednesday, Dec. 21: NO Youth Group
- Sunday, Dec. 25: Christmas Day!
Youth Group is moving to Wednesday nights!
All students in grades 6-12 are invited to for fellowship, games, worship, and small group Bible study through the book of Romans! Youth Group will be 6:30-7:30 on Wednesday evenings.
Students, study Romans throughout the week, bring your white binders, and anticipate great conversation and biblical teaching from your amazing middle school and high school leaders. Get connected for accountability, encouragement, and learning. This is a great opportunity for you to invite an unchurched friend!
Sunday Night Opportunties
Sunday Night is Youth Night at EBC!
We are trying something new and exciting on Sunday nights this fall. Dr. John Whitmore, a distinguished geology professor from Cedarville University, and Pastor Van (a distinguished farmer from Wisconsin ) will be teaching a class titled Genesis: Understanding God’s Design. We have selected some exciting topics that we know will help you better understand things about evolution, creation, Noah’s flood, dinosaurs, archeology, climate change, and the talking snake in the Garden of Eden. Classes will be on Sunday nights from 6:30-8 PM. Youth, adults, and even upper elementary age students are invited and will benefit
from this class
Sunday Night is Youth Night at EBC! PART 2
Beginning on Sunday, Sept 18, there will be an Open Gym from 5:30-6:30 PM on Sunday nights. This is a great opportunity for students to hang out with their quality leaders to talk about faith and life. We are also considering the possibility of opening a student run café that would be a blessing to youth and families who attend Dr. Whitmore’s class. Students, please let Pastor Van know if you are a café-minded student who might be willing to help us launch this project.
Fantastic One-Time, One-of-a-Kind Events!
- Football, Bonfire, & S’mores – Saturday, October 29, at Pastor Van’s house
- Game Night – Friday, November 4 from 7:30-9:30 PM at Jared and Hillary Holloway’s home
Please contact Pastor Van or another leader if you need help with transportation to any youth event.
COME AND PRAY
Students, parents, and leaders are invited to pray on Tuesdays at 2:00 PM at EBC. Join Blake, Drew, and Pastor Van in praying for youth ministry.
If you can’t join us, make Tuesdays your day to pray for the youth ministry.
Opportunities to Grow & Serve
- Visitation – on the first Saturday of each month from 9 AM-Noon. Give up part of your day and help us bless those in our church family who are elderly, shut-ins, or in the hospital. This is a great ministry of letter writing, phone calls, visits, and prayer. Your whole family is welcome to come. (Oct. 1, Nov. 5, & Dec. 3).
- Leader Lunch – This is for those who are interested in learning more about student ministry and growing in your ability to minister to students. Leader training provides an opportunity for prayer and accountability as we endeavor to effectively disciple every student. Students who are juniors or seniors, please see Pastor Van if you are interested in being a student leader. Leader Lunch at Jared and Hillary’s home (356 N. King St.) from noon to 2 PM on Sept. 18, Oct. 16, & Nov. 13.
Fright Night Alive Detention Center Ministry
“Friday Night Alive” is a ministry designed to share the love of Jesus Christ with youth incarcerated in the Greene County Juvenile Detention Facility. Volunteers are trained and given the opportunity to share their story of faith with young people who desperately need Jesus.
2022 Medical Release Form
If you have further questions concerning our EBC Youth experience or visiting Emmanuel with youth, simply click the button below and get in touch with us!